Friday, September 27, 2013

Kitchen Reno

Well I've finally gotten around to cleaning my kitchen enough to take pictures of it. We've had it completely finished for about at least a month now. And I love it!

I realize these pictures showcase my extreme lack of photography skills but honestly, this was the best I could do.

 The cabinets were originally just builders grade oak with absolutely nothing going for them. I really wish I would've taken before pictures, but I didn't. I'm surprised I'm able to function at all with the perpetual fog my mommy brain is in. I used this tutorial to stain them, and it was so easy. We bought some crown molding and stained it as well, and Brian tacked it up on the top there. If you're going to do that, make sure you put a coat of poly on the crown molding before you stain it, or else it wont look the same.

I really needed some drawers in my kitchen, so Brian picked up these cabinets from Home Depot, sealed them together, and I painted them white. The paint I used was Martha Stewart - Glass of Milk. Finding a top for the island was a much more difficult process. We didn't have a large budget, but it ended up being not much more to have granite instead of the cheaper counter tops. Most ready-made countertops don't come in an island size so we had to get this custom cut. After searching we finally found one in our price range. But it took a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment