Friday, October 18, 2013

Book Review: Ruby Red Trilogy


I just finished the last book from this Ruby Red trilogy by Kerstin Gier. I read the first two books during the summer, but hesitated to write a review before I could read the last book that just came out last week. I loved the first two books, but I have been disappointed to many time by the last book of a series to feel comfortable writing a review before I had read them all. But even though the ending of Emerald Green was a teensy bit weak and left me wanting for something more, I really did enjoy this trilogy. It was a fun read with a bit of mystery, romance, and fantasy. That's really all I want out of a book.

The Ruby Red trilogy is about Gwyneth Shephard. On the outside her family looks like a pretty normal, wealthy, English family. But in reality they are member of a long line of time travelers. When Gwen is 16 she finds out that she has inherited the time travel gene instead of her cousin Charlotte, who had been trained and groomed her entire life to time travel. Gwen is suddenly thrust into the world of time travel, chronographs, guardians, and Gideon, her fellow time traveller.

Once thrust into this world she starts uncovering clues as to what her cousins (and previous time travelers) Lucy and Paul discovered that had made them steal a chronograph, run away, and actively work against the plans of the guardians. Trying to uncover the mystery while navigating the tricky emotional roller coaster of a first time love lays the foundation for an interesting time-travel mystery that I'm sure you'll love as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment