Monday, October 28, 2013

Healthy Halloween

I think all the holidays at this time of year were purposely placed to help us build up our fat stores for the cold season. Down here in Houston we don't have much of a cold season so I don't think I'll be needing those fat stores this year. I found some ideas for a Halloween snack that are cute and healthy that I thought I'd share with you. I took these to a Witches Lunch we had last week and they were a hit.
 Banana Ghosts:
Peel some bananas, break them in half, and stick some chocolate chips in them. The eyes are mini and the mouths are regular sized. I actually had a mystery kid bite the head off one of these ghosts and put the rest of the banana back into the bowl!
 Pumpkin Oranges:
I used mandarin oranges but any small orange will work. Also extremely easy, just peel the oranges and stick a pretzel in the middle for the stem.
 Vampire Apples:
Core and cute up the apple. Cut a little mouth in the side and stick some slivered almonds in there for the teeth. I was the least pleased with these, but that was because I was in a rush and didn't cut the mouths the way I wanted. Check my inspiration here to see them done well.

Inspiration: here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment