Friday, October 25, 2013

Milk Jug Ghosts

Just a little warning: there is a slight chance that the Halloween theme will be dominating this blog for the next week. We've been very busy with all things spooky lately.

I'm sure many of you have seen this idea floating around out there, I will not claim that I came up with it. However, I will claim my own way of doing it and the month of preparing in order to save up enough milk cartons.

  This was a cute little craft that was quick, inexpensive, and something you're toddler will probably take a lot of pride in. I know Logan did. Tonight I found him outside turning on the lights for the ghosts. It was pretty simple. I let Logan draw faces on them, then I went over them with a permanent marker to clean it up. I then cut holes out of the bottom of the jugs. Once that was done I took them outside, placed them where I wanted them, and strung a string of icicle lights out in front of them. I stuffed a few strands of "icicles" into every ghost, buried the line, and voila! These little cuties:


They really turned out cute. Brian expressed his surprise on the outcome. He was a little dubious when I told him my plan. They look even cuter at night time all lit up, but my night picture skills are non-existent. So you'll just have to go make some and see for yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment