Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Butterfly 1st Birthday

We had Summer's 1st birthday party about a month ago but I am just now getting around to posting about it. Logan is really in to planning birthday parties and he had been planning a butterfly birthday for Summer since about May. It was actually a really good idea, I love how her party turned out.

We kept it really simple with a few friends and family and just some snacks and cake. The decorations were all really simple too (except for those butterflies on the wall that I traced and cut out for 2.5 hours). I used a purple and pink theme with some white accents. Pinterest was such a great tool for coming up with ideas. I don't know what my parties would be like without it, it's such a crutch for me now!


 I chose this simple cake thinking it was something I could do, but my awesome cake-decorating sister ended up doing it anyways. I love how it turned out. We used lime peels for the leaves of the flowers, and the cake around it had a bit of a lime taste that tasted so good. That part was the best part of the cake!

I think she liked her cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment