Friday, November 22, 2013

Style Up

One of my favorite things to do is surf the web (or pinterest) for outfit inspiration. I love to see an outfit, and then mentally go through my closet to see if I could copy it. Most of the time I can get the feel of the outfit, even if it's not exact. I'm the kind of person who gets tired of clothes really quickly, but doing this really helps me to find new ideas for old pieces of clothing. It has extended the life of many a shirt and has opened my eyes to what exactly closet staples are. I wouldn't consider myself a fashionable person, but I've grown a lot since starting this blog.

This week I recently discovered StyleUp. It's a fashion community that you can sign up for, enter your zip code, and they will send you e-mails every week day with an outfit photo and the forecast for that day. I haven't loved every outfit they've sent my way, but it has been pretty fun to take the inspiration from that photo and apply it to my outfits. They also have a quick little survey to try and peg down your style, and you can go on their website and give input on different outfits and save them for later. I love reading the comments and seeing all the different takes on one outfit. Check it out if you feel you're needing a little inspiration this fall.

This outfit was based on my StyleUp email for today. I really love it, and would honestly like to dress in something like this every day.




Shirt: Target // Skirt & Boots:Gifts // Belt: Borrowed from my husband*

* I just need to take a second and talk about this belt. I honestly have no idea how Brian can fit in this thing. It fits me perfectly and I'm wearing it around the narrowest part of my body. I knew he was skinny, but there is no way this belt actually fits him properly!

No comments:

Post a Comment