Thursday, November 14, 2013

Crockpot Thai Yellow Curry

I love it when I find a good crockpot recipe. I've been thinking over all my favorite recipes lately and trying to make them into crockpot recipes. It's just so easy and simple, and it makes your house smell amazing for the whole day.

And this curry was now exception. My house smelled unbelievable all day, and by dinnertime I was so hungry. I'm happy to report that this tasted as good as it smelled. The leftovers were gobbled up quickly and I was left wanting more. So now I am sharing this wonderful recipe with you, you're welcome!

Oh, and if you're ever looking for a good website for yummy recipes try Everyday Reading. I haven't tried a recipe she's recommended and not loved it.

Crockpot Thai Yellow Curry
Adapted from Everyday Reading


2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 Tablespoons red curry paste
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Tablespoons fish sauce
1 lime, juiced
2 teaspoons brown sugar
Cilantro for garnish, optional

Rice, for serving

Place the chicken in a crockpot and add curry paste, curry powder, coconut milk, and broth. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 30 minutes before serving (around the time you're starting the rice), shred the chicken, then whisk the cornstarch together with the fish sauce and lime juice until smooth, and pour into crockpot. Add sugar, stir to combine, and let cook for 30 more minutes, until sauce is thickened (add more cornstarch if you want it even thicker).

Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment